For those who love music festivals, some of your best memories may be from past festival experiences. But are your old wristbands sitting around unnoticed in a drawer?
Instead of letting those wristbands waste away, bring back your fantastic festival memories by upcycling your wristbands into fun art projects that you can display around the house!
Our amazing summer intern Stephanie – who also happens to be one-half of the YouTube duo Primrose – came up with three DIY ideas for old festival wristbands, including an ornament, memory keychain, and photo frame. She kept the steps easy to follow and the materials easy to find, so you’ll have your own projects finished in no time.
Just in case you missed it, here are the basic steps for each project:
Materials: Wristbands, Clear Ornament, Ribbon, Decorative Stickers
1. Stuff wristbands into ornament and close off with metal cap
2. Decorate the outside of the ornament with stickers
3. Tie a ribbon through the top for hanging
Materials: Wristband, Car Key
Put wristband through metal key ring as if you’re attaching another key or key chain
Materials: Picture Frame (with glass removed), Washi Tape, Hot Glue, Clothes Pins, Wristbands, Polaroids
1. Line frame with washi tape
2. Flip frame over and attach wristbands with glue or tape
3. Use clothes pins to attach polaroids to wristbands